Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy New Year


So much has changed  since I was last here...some for the better and some for the not so much.  But alas, that is life isn't it?

We had snow and 3 1/2" of rain last week and this week so far has been near 70 degrees!  It is lovely and I am trying to catch up on all my outdoor work that has slid the past few months/years.  It is not pretty.  I am determined to make this yard easier to contend with and to put my vision into action whether or not my other half agrees.  I am the one who has to take care of it so it is time to make it easier.

I am now working 6 days a week and it has been a very hard adjustment for me.  I am a morning soul and now my best hours are given to my job and home gets what is left over.  I have developed arthritis in my knee and so that has slowed me down.  Challenges.

I have also retaken up my art, mostly in art journaling right now.  Art was something I hung up over 10 years ago and just gave away all my supplies.  I didn't think I'd ever do it again.  But I was wrong and it brings me great joy and challenge and a voice when I am not feeling heard or cared about.

I had two friends tragically killed in accidents to remind me how precious this life is.  My precious dog has been put down due to cancer and I miss him greatly.  I don't think I'll be getting another dog. This is the first year in 25 years that I have not had an Australian Shepherd to trip over.  But right now I do not have the time or energy required to work with another one.

Right now I am praying/holding ceremony for a friend with cancer.  If you wish please send healing energies and prayers to Denise.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment