Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Starbucks

Warning:  This is solely my opinion and thoughts...it has nothing to do with someone else's reality.

This morning I checked FB to see how Denise is doing.  I saw a headline that a certain someone thinks Starbucks is the anti-christ and should be boycotted.  My words, not theirs but that is what I got out of it.  Why?  Because their cup this year isn't christmasy enough.  You know, the war on christmas and all that.

Really?  In a world full of real world problems this is what we come up with?

First off hasn't anyone noticed the Starbucks logo is a goddess with a pentacle on her crown?  I mean, it is totally obvious.

The Week, a magazine I subscribe to, had a funny small article about this and said something on the order of Starbucks isn't putting on their cups the usual 'biblical' christmas designs of reindeer, ornaments and snowmen.  Ha!  I thought that was clever.

We haven't a Starbucks within 50 miles but the next time I get near one, if it happens to be around solstice time I plan to stop in and get myself that rare cup and say Merry Yule.  Or Happy Solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment